Learn to Prepare Taxes and Make a Difference at the same time. How can you make a difference? Simple. Help your community in preparing taxes free of charge or for a voluntary contribution to building funds by becoming a volunteer with the Free Income Tax Preparation Service Initiative.
Be a Volunteer. This Free Income Tax Preparation Initiative is a partnership between Amare Berhie and Debre Selam Medhanealem Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Volunteers typically start training in January. They are expected to provide two to three hours (Sunday) of service per week between the beginning of February to the middle of April. The time commitment will vary depending on individual responsibilities as well as the number of volunteers working at a site and the number of people being served by the site.
Currently we are seeking volunteers for the following positions:
- Administrative assistants to process tax returns, make copies, keep track of data, check taxpayers in, and make sure taxpayers are being served in the order they arrived
- Interpreters assist taxpayers who have limited English proficiency. We are currently seeking Tigrigna and Oromia interpreters.
- Sign a confidentiality agreement;
- Seniors in high school or university students planning to major in accounting, finance, marketing, business, etc.
- Excellent typing speed.
- Learn something new and exciting.
- Make an impact on the lives of others.
- Improve language skills.
- Meet and interact with new and diverse people
- Give back to your community.
- Gain valuable work and business experience to better compete in today’s job market.
- Utilize your professional/technical skills.
Great volunteers are the key to our success. Join this year’s effort and help make a difference in our community.
Want More Information?
Call Ato Tewodros Desta @ 651-235-5341